Re: I Cannot Start the X Server

I recently upgraded and ran into this problem as well.

I watched the XWin.exe process using ProcMon from
sysinternals.com and it doesn't look like a problem of
directory / file / user permissions as the FAQ would suggest.

>From ProcMon it looks like /tmp/.tX0-lock is being deleted
before it is moved.

Specifically, it is being opened with options: Synchronous IO
Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Delete On Close

The file is then closed and re-opened and the re-open fails
because it no longer exists.