RE: "-query" not working on cygwin/windows

Yes, I've read the information at the link you provided. It says to open port
177/UDP and ports 6000-6005(TCP). But it doesn't say whether that applies to
the PC where the X-server is running, or just the xdmcp host. I'm 99% sure
I've got those ports open on my CentOS host (the xdmcp server). There's a
GUI screen specifically for doing that. And I've done it. But I don't know
whether the ports are open on my Windows PC where the X-server is running. I
turned my Windows firewall off. But I don't know if that opens the ports. So
I have two questions. First, do I even need to open the ports on Windows?
Second, how do I do it? I think I really need a Windows XP firewall/ports
expert. But I don't know where to find one. If any here knows how to tell
what ports are open in Windows, please respond.

Thanks for your recommendation.