Re: Xwin X Server crashing when using "-query" startup option to Fedora 11

Jon TURNEY wrote:
Mark Chesterfield wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to connect to the preview release of Fedora 11 running Gnome 2.26 on my
laptop and am getting an Xwin server crash.

This isn't a crash. The Xwin server is terminating with a error.

I know my Xwin Server works with the -query startup option as I use this option
at work with the laptop.

So i have a couple of questions:
a. Have I hit a bug?
b. Does it appear to be an Xwin bug or should I instead be submitting
it to the Fedora 11 support forums and bug handling menchanisms?
c. Any ideas for a workaround ?

Fatal server error:
XDMCP fatal error: Session declined Maximum number of open sessions from your host reached

This error says that XWin couldn't start an XDMCP session as the remote host declined for the reason stated.

Since your XWin can start XDMCP sessions with other remote hosts, I think this is a bug or configuration error in your Fedora 11 host.

Thanks for your response. I had also reached the conclusion that it was a Fedora 11 issue.

Cheers