This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: [Xwin 1.7]: copy from rxvt-x to windows application does not work
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: frederic dot bron at m4x dot org
- Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 21:51:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Xwin 1.7]: copy from rxvt-x to windows application does not work
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
FrÃdÃric Bron wrote:
If I run rxvt-x (1.5 or 1.7) with Xwin (1.7), when I select something
in the terminal output and then type Ctrl-V in any Windows
application, this does not work. Some application say that the
clipboard is like corrupted. In general, if I type Ctrl-V several
times, after a while, the text is pasted (after 4-5 times of Ctrl-V).
If I use Xwin 1.5 or rxvt-native it works fine (with rxvt version
either 1.5 or 1.7).
Am I the only one with such a problem?
No, given the amount of Cygwin/X clipboard-related hate-mail on this list, I
think you are probably normal. :-)
There is an important clipboard related fix, and lots of improvements to
clipboard error logging and debugging scheduled to make an appearance in the
1.6.x X server. I plan to do another iteration looking at clipboard problems
after that is available, so if you still have problems then, please post a
report, attaching the /var/log/Xwin.0.log.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html