Re: Why is remote client being rejected? AUDIT: XWin: client 4 rejected from IP 192.168.3.3

john@asyn.org wrote:

Have you added the client to your X server's acl? See xhost(1)
---
I thought I'd turned off access checking. I forgot I had to redo
my script when there was a major X-server upgrade, a few months ago -- Not something I 'normally use'...

(Am pretty safe, regardless, as I'm doing this on an isolated, wired, subnet in my house, so I feel pretty safe unless my beagle orders a computer.

Also, running your X client in the background does not disconnect it from
the terminal from which you launched it. If you close the terminal, the
client app will die.

Yeah, know about that one: (xosview&) saves it from the HUP's when the window closes...

THANKS!
Linda