Re: [1.7] On checkX

Charles Wilson wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce.

Ugh! I forgot to say that I start those scripts with links on desktop...

For example:

mkshortcut -AD \
    -n "${urxvt}" \
    -a "bash -l start_urxvt.sh" \
    -i /usr/bin/XWin.exe \
    -d "Console unicode" \
    /usr/bin/run.exe

Indeed, if I start the script from Cygwin.bat, there is not checkX.exe.stackdump in the HOME! It is created ONLY starting the script with the link...

...and, in that case, the lines:

[...]
while ! /usr/bin/checkX
do
  printf "waiting for xserver to start\n"
  sleep 1
done
[...]

cause a NON-empty checkX.exe.stackdump:

$ cat checkX.exe.stackdump
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=6E7C3CD0

Not only, also a bad interference between XWin and clipboard: trying to copy/paste (double click in urxvt shell), they hang and when I try to 'Restart Now' the PC, Windows says 'xwinclip has not finished yet...'

Now, If I want start your script from the link, How can I capture the output?

For example, I have tried modifying it with:

[...]
check_and_start()
{
    /usr/bin/checkX --no-silent || start_XWin
}

check_and_start 2>&1 | tee /tmp/checkx.log
[...]

but only XWin starts NOT urxvt! and

$ cat /tmp/checkx.log
5 [main] checkX 3292 fhandler_console::fixup_after_fork_exec: error opening input console handle for /dev/console after fork/exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
112 [main] checkX 3292 fhandler_console::fixup_after_fork_exec: error opening output console handle for /dev/console after fork/exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5

Cheers, Angelo.

Try running checkX with (progressively):
  --no-silent
  --verbose
  --debug
  --debug=2
  --debug=3
  --debug=4
this should help to narrow down how far it gets (and perhaps why) before
dying. You may also need to use the --nogui option, and redirect stderr
to a logfile.

--
Chuck

#!/bin/sh export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0

start_XWin()
{
    # Cleanup from last run.
    rm -rf /tmp/.X11-unix

    XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error 2>/dev/null &
}

/usr/bin/checkX || start_XWin

while ! /usr/bin/checkX
do