RE: How to open a standalone xterm

	You're not running startxwin twice, right?  That won't work - you must run the xterm command from an existing xterm, a cygwin window, or the xterm icon in the start menu (which can be copied to the quicklaunch bar).

	Also, try running bash in an existing xterm to see if the problem is in your .bashrc, i.e. not with xterm or X.

	HTH,

Mike