Re: Running Java application with drag and drop support in cygwin

On 28/10/2009 05:57, Dees wrote:
I have developed a Java application involving jTree with extensive
drag and drop support, which runs correctly in my Linux box. However,
when I switch to a windows box and access the same Linux box using
cygwin x-server, the drag and drop in jTree stops working.
Interestingly, rest of the application still works fine. After
analyzing a bit I found that x-server is able to recognize the drag
event but fails to recognize a drop event.

Details?

Is there any setting, which should be done prior to running the Java
swing applications?

Here is a sample code which behaves in exactly same way.
http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/Swing-JFC/TreeDragandDrop.htm

I have no idea how to use that java code to reproduce the problem you are seeing.

May be my problem is related to some setting. Though, not sure.
Has anybody come across something similar? What should be done then?
Please let me know.

No it's probably a bug in Cygwin/X. But you're going to need to be a lot more specific about the problem before any progress can be made on fixing it.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer