RE: 'run xterm' fails to open a window

 <4AF080A4.7050302@tlinx.org>

Hi Linda=2C
=20
Thanks for your answer and explanation. I just press the Xserver icon and t=
hen the xterm (most of the time) appears. If not=2C I press the xterm icon.=
 Simple like that. I don't write "run" or something like that in anycase.
=20
Hope this helps=2C
=20
Cheers=2C=20
Gery

=20
> Date: Tue=2C 3 Nov 2009 11:12:36 -0800
> From: cygwin@tlinx.org
> To: mailing@fievel.be
> CC: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com=3B gamejihou@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: 'run xterm' fails to open a window
>=20
> Florent Fievez wrote:
>> I've exactly the same issue=2C so if you find a solution=2C please post =
it ! =3B-)=20
>> 2009/11/3 Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> wrote::
>>> "'run xterm' fails to pen a window":
>>> I don't know if this is a problem with run=2C or xterm=2C or=20
>>> something else.=20
>>> Obviously I have no good reason to want to start an xterm via 'run xter=
m' in
>>> an xterm window=2C but this issue is causing problems in a script I'm w=
riting.
>>> [Briefly=2C I have a desktop shortcut with target '\path\to\run.exe bas=
h -c
>>> foo.sh'. The script foo.sh calls xterm=2C which starts with no visible