Cygwin/x window no longer appears

Hello!

I have recently started to work with Cygwin/X.
Until now, I have been starting Cygwin/X by using startxwin.bat in the Cygwin bash shell. Everything seemed to be working fine. However, it has now stopped working...
When I type "startxwin.bat" in the Cygwin shell, the normal
>startxwin.bat - starting on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003
appears. Yet, the window which used to appear no longer does. I am really not too sure what to do about this, given that I have not (consciously!) modified anything.
I have installed Cygwin (and Cygwin/x) very recently, and have tried to reinstall the latter using Cygwin's setup.exe, but to no effect.

Would anyone have any advice?

Thank you!

Olivia

PS: I have attached cygcheck.out.