Some Eclipse dialogs have become non-resizable with X server 1.7.1

In the process of switching over to 1.7, I started running its X
server (instead of the X server of 1.5). A few days later I noticed
that some Eclipse windows (e.g. the Find dialog, the
Project->Properties, the Window->Preferences, etc.) can not be resized
anymore (the Size entry in the system menu is grayed out). This
annoyed me when the Find dialog came up too small to see (or use) one
of the checkboxes, and I couldn't make it bigger.

I use "ssh -Y lab1" to log in to the remote machine. The environment
has DISPLAY=localhost:14.0 (or some other number). Then I start
Eclipse on the remote machine, with X tunneled to my PC.

This appears to be related to 1.7, because after stopping the X server
from 1.7 and starting the one from 1.5, the dialogs could be resized.

This also affects e.g. the File Open and File Save dialogs of nedit
(resizable under 1.5, fixed size under 1.7)

Has anybody else experienced this ?

Csaba
--
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts