This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Cygwin error
- From: "Lothar Brendel" <lottas dot junk at geekmail dot de>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:47:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin error
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Hi everyone I am getting this error when I try and locally access the
machines in my department and try and run a program called Cadence.
anyone know what this means?
Yes, the remote X server can't connect to your local machine, the path to
which is contained in the variable DISPLAY. The latter is unset in your
case, most probably because you need to login with "ssh -X".
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html