Re: updating to cygwin 1.7.1: X not starting + font problem [SOLVED]

2009/12/24 Simon Jean-Francois:
> I wanted to share some of my experiences when upgrading to cygwin 1.7.1:
> XWin would not start, /var/log/XWin.0.log reporting the following error:
> "(EE) Error compiling keymap (server-0)"
>
> After some time, I figured out the source of the problem:
> /bin/sh disappeared: Âthis was fixed with " ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh "

Hmm, /bin/sh should have been installed as part of the bash package.
Did you have a message box about in-use processes during your update?
Might be better to reinstall the bash package in case anything else
wasn't set up correctly, but make sure you quit all Cygwin processes
first.

Andy