Re: Questions regarding windows 7 installation

thanks Jason, I have already done that, but even after commenting out the exec xterm and running the xterm process from the drop down menu I get two X windows. One that starts and stays blank and then the actual Xterm window which has a white background.

I don't mind running the Xterm automatically, it's the spurious cygwin windows that start and stay up. Just clutters up the desktop and you can't tell which is the usable Xterm.