Re: xserver bug?

On 20/01/2010 09:13, Sylvain RICHARD wrote:
Charles Wilson wrote:
I've noticed that with XWin 1.7.3 (and perhaps earlier versions; not
sure), the key combination CTRL-SHIFT-0 (zero) doesn't generate any
events. CTRL-SHIFT-1 thru -9, alphabetic keys, no problem -- just not
zero.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this problem; xev and urxvt both respond to ctrl-shift-0.

<snip>
Is this a bug, or a designed behavior, in XWin?
This may be designed behaviour /in windows/. Just out of curiosity, can
you check your "language bar" options. If I remember correctly, you can
set Ctrl+Shift global hotkeys there to shift between keyboard layouts
and input languages.

If it is the case that Windows is treating ctrl-shift-0 as a special keypress for some reason and processing it without offering it to applications, starting the X server with the -keyhook option should help.