From:   Anonymous bin ich <ichbinanon@gmail.com>
To:     cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Date:   02/09/2010 09:13 AM
Subject:        Changing interactive shell from Bash to Zsh
Sent by:        cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com

Hi!

I am having trouble changing my shell from Bash to Zsh.

Since there is no chsh, I have tried adding "exec zsh -l" to .bashrc

Unfortunately, since cygwin is started as "interactive login shell",
it doesn't read .bashrc and so it starts as bash

If I source .bashrc from .bash_profile (which I don't like), then it
works.

But then I cannot start X server from the start menu shortcut because
bash reads .bashrc, executes zsh and exits; even though startxwin.exe
is called by "bash -l".

So, is there a way to change shell?

--
Regards,