RE: Downgrading cygwin/x and/or cygwin

I'm sure it is a bug in the application but if people working locally on the workstation (the majority) don't experience it, pressure is low to fix it.

> > Unless someone can provide instructions how to find the rootcause for
> > the SIGSEGV I would consider downgrading to something close to my
> > older version and see if that helps.
>
> 1. gdb --args your-mystery-application
> 2. Wait for the '(gdb)' prompt, type 'run'
> 3. Do whatever you do to make the crash happen. You should
> get another '(gdb)'
> prompt, type 'bt full'

Thanks for the tip but that doesn't work in this case.

> > Is there an archive of old versions?

Found an archive of old cygwin versions here:
http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/index.html#cygwintimemachine

Thanks for your efforts, Jon!
Wolfram