Re: Vista, new install, x server does not start, startxwin.bat missing

On 19/02/2010 15:40, Dr. M. C. Nelson wrote:
I just did a fresh install on Vista, and confirmed the following

1) From an administrator account, it works out-of-the-box.  Beautiful.
2) From a regular user account, clicking the x-server or shell icons, produces a UAC prompt.

The behavior, without changing anything whatsoever from the installed state, is that the regular user cannot run x or the bash shell console window without first entering a password for an administrator account.

If you can't start the bash shell (in a windows console or mintty window or whatever), then your problem isn't X specific, so I suggest you raise it on the main cygwin list.