Re: How do I start WM?

From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
>On 2010-02-25 10:16, Joseph Ess wrote:
> >I can reproduce your finding.  Putting just "openbox&" in my ~/xinitrc does not work.
> Of course not; the xinit(1) man page explains that clearly.

Really? I looked. Your definition of "clear" and mine must be different.
The xinit(1) man page suggests an ~/xinitrc like so:

xrdb -load $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid gray &
xclock -g 50x50-0+0 -bw 0 &
xload -g 50x50-50+0 -bw 0 &
xterm -g 80x24+0+0 &
xterm -g 80x24+0-0 &
twm
I would assume (yea, I'm sticking my neck out) I could comment out twm and substitute another WM. Doing so works with WindowMaker.  It doesn't with OpenBox.
Reid Thompson suggested doing something similar here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2010-02/msg00149.html
What am I doing wrong and how can i fix it?
Thanks,
Joe