RE: How to remotly launch application with SSH and Cygwin/X server

X23G8c wrote:

> [...]

  Yes. I'll try to explain better: I'm log on to windows as e.g. User1, that
is administrator user. When I start cygwin shell I can simply run:
   $notepad

I see Notepad application correct launched, but If I do it this way:

  $ssh User1@localhost
User1@localhost's password:
Last login: Fri Feb 26 18:00:01 2010 from localhost

User1@athlon ~
$ notepad

I have notepad launched (I see it on process ) but it cannot draw correctly
himself on the screen. The same behaviour was in Cygwin 1.5, but then
sufficient thing to do was simply select SSHD service option: "Allow service
to interact with desktop", which was solve the problem.

With Cygwins' 1.7 SSHD, selection this option does not take any effect, I
have still this unexpected to me behaviour.

>From application point of view it is somekind still permission problem
(exactly the same as was in cygwin 1.5 before switch on "Allow service to
interact with desktop" option), for example:

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
  int retVal = 0;
  retVal = SetCursorPos(0, 0);

  if (retVal == 0)
  {
     std::cout << "SetCursorPos error ["
               << GetLastError() << "]."
               << std::endl;

     //
     // GetLastError() returns 5 - ACCESS VIOLATION
     // when it is run via ssh in Cygwin 1.7.1.
     //
  }

  return 0;
}

Additional info:
SSHD process user name is SYSTEM
process launched via ssh user name is User1, but it still has no access to
the desktop.