Re: Problems with display resize over RDP connections

My understanding is that the X server inherits the properties of the screen it's started on. For example, if you normally have 2 monitors, and for some reason only 1 monitor is active, and you start Xwin there, if you then active the 2nd monitor, you can't move your Xterm window over there (or you can, but you can't do anything with it).

What is RDP? I like LogMeIn for this sort of thing, as long as you're not on a secure (ie. VPN) connection. I really HATE when you log into a remote system and it changes those screen properties. Then when you come into work, it's all messed up.