Slow response to keypresses in xorg-server-1.8.0-1

I'm often seeing a very slow response to keypresses under xorg-server-1.8.0-1. The problem is intermittent, but it always happens within a few minutes after starting the server (via the start menu shortcut or a slight variant). Here are some examples:

1. Switching windows with Alt-Tab sometimes takes up to 15 seconds or doesn't work at all (i.e., I get tired of waiting to see if the focus is ever going to switch).

2. When using 'less' to view a file in an xterm window, there is sometimes a delayed response to 'space' or 'q'.

3. When viewing a directory in emacs-X11, pressing 'v' to start viewing a file can sometimes result in a long delay, pressing 'space' to scroll in view mode can be slow, and pressing 'q' to exit view mode can be slow.

In some of these cases, I sometimes don't get a response to the first keypress until I press a second key. For example, if I'm viewing a file with 'less', I may press 'q' and get no response. Then pressing 'q' a second time exits 'less' and also produces an echoed 'q' in xterm. Similarly, I'll sometimes press a key, see no echo, and then get two characters echoed at once after pressing a second key.

Reverting to xorg-server-1.7.6-2 solves the problem.

I'm attaching cygcheck output and an XWin log.

Ken