Re: Good Xterm Fonts for C Programming

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Ajay Jain  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know I am asking a subjective question here, but still I think I may
> get a response that fits very well into my style :-)
>
> I am using cygwin + xterm to login to a linux box. I am currently
> working on C codes. I have experimented a lot with Xfontsel and found
> -*-courier-medium-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-* to be the kind of font
> that I can possibly use. But even this is not upto the mark.
>
> 1) Can somebody suggest me some good fonts on the basis of experience,
> something that is good to read/write C codes?

I use Envy Code B on Windows. The TrueType version of it can be used
by X. Steps to install:

1. Copy 'Envy code B 10pt.ttf' to /usr/share/fonts/TTF
2. !! Rename the font so no spaces are in the file name !!
3. mkfontsel /usr/share/fonts/TTF
4. mfontdir /usr/share/fonts/TTF
5. xset fp rehash

There's also Envy Code R