looking for ideas why an x application would display differently between cygwin/x full screen and cygwin/x multi-window

Over at http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/98e27a44c0dbfdcb#
, I posted a note asking the Tcl community about a simple GUI
application that was presenting a peculiar problem. The problem,
basically, is that an X application, running remotely and displaying
back to Cygwin/X, does not display the full text of a menu of items
using my default cygwin configuration.

During the response to my questions, both there on the group and in a
private email exchange, I was told (and I confirmed) that if I run the
application in Cygwin/X in full screen mode, the code performs as
expected. Only when the code executes in -multiwindow mode does the
unexpected behavior appear.

While I am using an older version of the server, the thread mentioned
above contains a reply from someone using version 1.7.6.0 (10706000)
Build 2010-03-22 , which would seem to be pretty recent.

I was wondering whether this behavior, where a widget only displays
the first character of a menu item, is a known issue for -multiwindow?
Is there some kind of work around for this problem?

Thank you very much.

--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation. ? http://wiki.tcl.tk/
Larry W. Virden