Re: Slow response to keypresses in xorg-server-1.8.0-1

On Sat, 01 May 2010 09:49:21,  Ken Brown wrote:
> I'm often seeing a very slow response to keypresses under
> xorg-server-1.8.0-1.  The problem is intermittent, but it always happens
> within a few minutes after starting the server (via the start menu
> shortcut or a slight variant).  Here are some examples:

I did an upgrade a few days ago and noticed the same thing.  If I use another program
for a few minutes then try to alt-tab or use the taskbar to go back to the xterm, the
xterm will be unresponsive.
The time the xterm is unresponsive appears to be related to the amount of time the
xterm has not had focus.  The longer the xterm is not used, the longer it takes to
wake up.
Right-clicking on the X icon in the system tray usually wakes the xterm back up.