Re: Bug: XTerm scrollbar issue

On 12/07/2010 16:02, webmaster wrote:
--enable-narrowproto
That turns on a #define for NARROWPROTO which may be missing
Changing subject to reflect that this is a bug with the Cygwin XTerm package.
I confirmed that --enable-narrowproto resolves the issue by compiling
the xterm-260-1 source package. My configure options were:

configure --disable-imake --disable-narrowproto --prefix=/usr
--target=i686-pc-cygwin --host=i686-pc-cygwin --build=i686-pc-cygwin

Thanks for the clear problem report.

For the avoidance of doubt, since you mention both alternatives in your email, we need to add --disable-narrowproto to build xterm with correctly working scrollbars on cygwin.

I note that the list of platforms for which --enable-narrowproto is the default in xterm's aclocal.m4 CF_ENABLE_NARROWPROTO macro (which includes cygwin) doesn't match the list of platforms which default to narrow prototypes in xproto (which doesn't include cygwin). This makes me wonder if the cygwin platform default managed to get changed during modularization...

I'm afraid I didn't quite understand the explanation as to why Xfuncproto.h might be wrong, so I'm wondering if any other X applications might also show this problem...

In any case, I'll see if I can get xterm rebuilt with this configuration change.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer