Mouse offset when using java swing based gui applications

Hi everyone,

I just noticed a very strange behaviour of my Cygwin/X-setup. I have a laptop running Debian 5.0 and openssh-server 1.5.1. My windows7 x64 machine is running cygwin 1.7.5 and cygwin/x 1.8.0 (fresh installation). I'm using ssh and x forwarding to use gui applications - especially Netbeans 6.9 - on my windows machine.

So far, all X applications run fine on windows. Using Netbeans is somewhat weird. After startup, i can use the menues, edit code, etc. But as soon as I change the window position (moving, maximizing) of Netbeans, it seems as if the position of the window actually does not change. Clicking works, but selecting a menu item not. I need to click and hold on the menu item, drag the mouse to the position where the menu would be before moving the window and then release it.

Same goes for code completition windows - they pop up where they should be before moving the window.

I investigated a bit more and build a very basic Java gui application using swing (same library used by netbeans to display gui elemets) and the problem persists. As said before other applications (tested: gnome-terminal, gedit and nautilus) just work fine. So this is a swing-related rather than a netbeans-related problem.

I attached the cygcheck.out. I dont know what other kind of information I should provide, so if there's anything you need, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jonas Winkler