This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: unable to start X server after upgrading cygwin from 1.5 to 1.7.5
- From: philippe <philippe dot roux at univ-rennes1 dot fr>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:42:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: unable to start X server after upgrading cygwin from 1.5 to 1.7.5
- References: <email@example.com> <4C49828C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Jon TURNEY a écrit :
> You need to install 'font-adobe-dpi75'.
from the cygwin setup.exe or manually?
> However, this should have been installed automatically as a dependency
> of xterm.
> I wish you'd attached your cygcheck output.
is this you need?
$ cygcheck startx
C:\cygwin\bin\startxcygcheck: C:\cygwin\bin\startx is not a DLL: magic
number 2123 (8483) '#!'
> You could try reinstalling that package, although I'd guess something
> went wrong with installing package. You should check /var/log/setup.log
> for clues.
I've several warning like "abnormal exit: exit code=128" in setup.log,
the first one is :
2010/07/06 20:26:45 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
2010/07/06 20:27:07 abnormal exit: exit code=128
I reinstall X11 package now and tell you what's new before.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html