Re: Unable to install X on 64-bit Windows 7 Premium

On 10/08/2010 13:12, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 10/08/2010 00:19, Bob Kline wrote:
I finally had to replace my ancient Windows XP box, and ended up with a
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system. If I run setup.exe to install a fresh
cygwin, it succeeds as long as I don't touch the X11 set, leaving it at
Default (which is to say, don't install anything in the set). If I change
Default to Install for X11, I get a dialog box which says:

Cygwin Setup - Running postinstall scripts
Postinstall script errors
The following errors occured executing postinstall scripts
Package: gcc4-core
gcc4-core.sh exit code 126

This one is already reported at [1], and the workaround given there,i.e.

chmod 755 /usr/sbin/fix-libtool-scripts-for-latest-gcc-runtimes.sh

and then run /etc/postinstall/gcc4-core.sh manually should work.

I'm a bit surprised that gcc4 is a dependency of X.

Package: libglade2.0_0
libglade2.0.sh exit code 2
Package: xinit
xinit.sh exit code 8

and since all xinit.sh does is run mkshortcut to create a start menu shortcut, I'd guess this is the same issue as [1], assuming we don't have a cygutils release with that fixed yet.

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-03/msg00357.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer