Re: No xauth program

On 9/2/2010 11:11 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 01/09/2010 20:29, Scott T. Marshall wrote:
when I connect using

ssh -Yv localhost

the last few lines of output are:

debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: No xauth program.
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
forwarding.
debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
debug1: Remote: No xauth program; cannot forward with spoofing.
Last login: Wed Sep 1 15:03:40 2010 from ::1

I don't understand the No xauth program part. I have xauth in /bin
which xauth
returns
/usr/bin/xauth
and when I check the permissions on xauth, I see that they are 755 and
I am
the owner.

You might like to try if xauth can actually run successfully?