Re: SIGSEGV in xorg-1.8.2.0 during -resize operation

On 9/6/2010 11:01 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
On 8/31/2010 7:00 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
Okay, I think I have worked out the correct thing to do do to handle bpp changes in the RANDR code, and I've uploaded a test build at [1]. Perhaps you could try it and see if it works for you?

Note that you will need to use -resize with this build to turn on RANDR in any mode.

If you can make this crash, with or without -resize, a backtrace would be very helpful.

[1] ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/XWin.20100831-git-5fa9c90425fb1d68.exe.bz2
Hmm.. I don't get seg faults while resizing, but every once in a while I'll alt-tab to an xterm and start typing, only to have the xterm evaporate. Once it also happened to emacs, which left both emacs and the terminal pretty well unusable. Unfortunately, I don't get a stack trace or any messages in /var/log/XWin.*.log. It just goes away.

I'd never seen this behavior with 1.8.2-0 (or earlier), so I'm rolling back to it. I'll holler if the problem continues.
Oops. It just happened for 1.8.2-0 and for diff.exe. I've posted the issue to the cygwin mailing list because it doesn't seem x-related if diff.exe dies...

Ryan