AW: clipboard integration doesn't work

Hi Jon,

thanks for giving your attention to this.  8-)

> Can you give a detailed set of reproduction steps e.g. what
> application are
> your cutting from, pasting to?

It is reproducable in both directions (Win -> X, X -> Win), with any
application on both sides.
So I choose a xterm with a vim for X, and a notepad for Windows.

/bin/startxwin -- /bin/XWin -emulate3buttons 100 -logverbose 3

As a setup I type "eins-zwei-drei" into X's vim, and "hallo" into the notepad.
Then I select the "eins-zwei-drei" text in X.
Then I select the "hallo" text in the notepad and press CONTROL C.

Effect: the highlighting of the text "eins-zwei-drei" in vim/X disappears
immediately.

Then in both editors I open a new line and paste the text of the clipboard in
it.
In vim/X it pastes "eins-zwei-drei" (using both mouse keys via middle mouse
button emulation).
In notepad it pasts "hello" (using CONTROL V).

Then I close both editors, kill XWin and get the Log.
-> See Log 1 (attached).

Now for the other direction:

/bin/startxwin -- /bin/XWin -emulate3buttons 100 -logverbose 3

As a setup I again type "eins-zwei-drei" into X's vim, and "hallo" into a
notepad.
Then I select the "hallo" text in the notepad and press CONTROL C.
I press CONTROL V several times to verify that I have selected something.
Notepad pastes: "hallo".
Then I select the "eins-zwei-drei" text in X/vim.

I check out the result:
I go back to the notepad and continue to press CONTROL V: nothing gets pasted
any more.
I go to the X/vim window, open a new vim line and
(using both mouse keys via middle mouse button emulation) I check what gets
pasted: "eins-zwei-drei".

Then I close both editors, kill XWin and get the Log.
-> See Log 2 (attached).

In both logs I found the name of my PC and my user name, and I replaced that
information by XXX.

> Are you running any Windows programs which continuously
> monitor the clipboard
> like 'Clipbook Viewer', VNC client, etc.?

Sorry, I don't know these programs.

Regards,
  Paul.