Re: X server shutdown or killed/destroyed

On 26/07/2011 14:20, Howard Feil wrote:
I have installed cygwin on several windows XP 32bit machines.  To do the install I used the defaults and then installed all of X11 and
Networks.  After a little while

about 20 minutes?

> when opening a new windows, I get the
error:

The application 'gedit' lost its connection to the display localhost:11.0; most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed the application.

It doesn't matter what I do next, nothing simple makes the x-server come back alive.

This
  is happening on multiple machines.  For some reasons I have other
machines that never have a problem.  These machines may have older
installations.

Any advice is appreciated.

Use ssh -Y

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-05/msg00394.html