Re: Cygwin xterm and emacs-X11 broken in Windows 7

[Removing the cygwin list from the CC.}

On 10/26/2011 4:08 PM, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
[...]
Perhaps related: in emacs-X11 entering the shell mode (M-x shell) kills the
shell. I just get a prompt, then "exit" and a message

Process shell finished

This does *not* happen in emacs-nox, neither does this happen in xemacs.

It works fine for me, so my best guess is that this is related to your other X problems. But you might try a recent Cygwin snapshot, on the off chance that that helps. There have been several changes that have an impact on processes running under emacs.

Ken