FW: RE: Cut and Paste between X and WindowsXP sometimes fails

>On 03/02/2012 22:55, Bennett, Tony wrote:
>> Often when "cutting" from Xwin and attempting to "Paste" to a WindowsXP application,
>> the "most recent" "cut" is not pasted... but instead a "previous" Xwin "cut".
>>
>> In other words, this scenario:
>>
>>     LOCATION    ACT            Comment
>>     Xwin        Cut "abc"
>>     WinXP       Paste		 correctly pastes "abc"
>>     Xwin	    Cut "def"
>>     WinXP       Paste		 Incorrectly pastes "abc"
>>
>> When the above problem occurs, no matter how many times a "cut" from Xwin,
>> Whenever I paste on WinXP it pastes "abc".
>>
>> I can "correct" the problem by "cutting" from WinXP and pasting into Xwin...
>> ...after doing this the next Xwin "cut" will "correctly" paste on WinXP.
>
>Yes, this is a rather long-standing problem (see the bug report at [1] for
>some of the technical details), which is unfortunately not easy to fix in a
>way that works well for all cases.
>
>Fortunately, there is a simple workaround for the moment: If you install and
>run xclipboard, that will cause XWin to notice every change of the clipboard
>contents.

Thanks for the reply, Jon.

Exactly "how" do I use xclipboard...???

Here's how I'm starting Xwin right now in a
Windows Script called startx.bat:

	@echo off
	C:

	chdir C:\cygwin\bin

	bash -c "PATH=$PATH:/bin:/usr/bin;XWin -clipboard -logverbose 3 -ac -query cdcxvd0559.con-way.com -fp \"tcp/cdcxvd0559.con-way.com:8000,/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/,/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/share/fonts/Type1/\"  &"

You'll notice I use XDMCP to establish a CDE session on cdcxvd0559...

I've tried starting xclipboard in the same script, after starting Xwin
(and sometimes even specifying -noclipboard)... and I always get
an IO error.... and X-win dies.

-tony