drag and drop problem between java windows on linux

I am using xorg-server-1.10.3-1 under Cygwin in Windows 7 64-bit and
have the problem of not being able to drag and drop from 2 different
java windows launched off a linux server box.  I am using Redhat 5.4
as my linux server that I am displaying from.

For example to reproduce the problem:

Launch two java Notepad applications (found in java 1.6 SDK under
demos/jfc/Notepad/Notepad.jar) to display back to the Windows 7 Cygwin
X Server (using the default internal window manager).

Put some text in one Notepad application and try to perform a drag n
drop to the other Notepad application, it fails.  Copy and paste
works.

Drag n drop inside one notepad works.

Drag n drop using different window managers with the above setup works
(e.g., OpenBox, twm, etc.)

This appears to be another Linux Java related issue similar to the
inset menu problem fixed recently on the internal window manager.  If
I am displaying back QT or GTK windows such as gedit for example then
the drag and drop works between the 2 different windows.

Thanks,
Luke