Re: waiting for X server to begin accepting connections .

Marc Girod wrote:

> The most probable is that our 'support' pushed some system
> upgrade/security patch which breaks Xfree...

Checked that no firewall blocks port 6000 (it should be what the X server
listens to for display :0, right?)

It started to work again...!?
I had just disabled (not the first time, although first with a batch file,
in the right order) the Symantec AntiVirus (both "smcservice" and "Symantec
AntiVirus"), and tried.
Now it works also with Symantec reenabled...

Marc