Re: XWin crashes with "Fatal server error" when starting SYBYL 8.1 over SSH

On 6/11/2012 3:23 PM, Patrice Peterson wrote:
Hello,

In our lab, we use Cygwin to run SYBYL 8.1. SYBYL does not run locally,
we instead forward the X server of the remote machine where it is
installed over SSH. This used to work fine until a few weeks ago, though
I am embarassed to say I can't pinpoint the exact time when it stopped
working.

SYBYL usually opens two windows, a main window and a (graphical)
terminal. When the first (main) window pops up, XWin crashes with the
following error:

     Fatal server error
     Package version: 1.12.1-1 built 2012-05-02
     X was called with: X :0 -multiwindow

An full Cygwin update didn't rectify the problem, and IIRC it's not
possible to downgrade packages in Cygwin.

it is possible.

On "Select Packages" window look for "xorg-server" row,
click on "Keep" and you can circle around options:
  keep / version 1.12.1-1
  version 1.12.0-5
  source
  reinstall
  uninstall

please check if version 1.12.0-5 is functional in your case

Regards
Marco