virtual dimension (v0.94) shows xterms on all desktops.

I'm using virtual dimension (v0.94) and cygwin for quite some many years now with (used to be) no issue (Windows 7 and Windows XP before). During an upgrade of my machine I also installed the most current version of cygwin and its x-server (1.12.2). Since this time an xterm (or any other window) will show up on all my virtual dimension desktops as if it was attributed to "All desktops"
Worse: Virtual Desktop does not show any xterm-icons, as if it does never realize that these windows are there. This might be the reason why the xterms are visible on all desktops - since the desktop manager fails to see and handle them . But all of this used to work with older version of cygwin - I verified by going back to an older backup for testing (sorry cannot quickly check x-server version for this).

A websearch of this always leads me to this former "redraw window issue". But that is not it. I would need to know (thanks for help) what the cause for this could be. I would need to know some buzzwords where I could start following and solving the problem. At this point I have no idea where to start of from (where to start reading).

Regards,
Frank
--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Poppen | We use the freshest handpicked electrons
                           |         OFFIS Research Institute
Tel:+49-441-9722-230       |       R&D Division Transportation
Fax:+49-441-9722-278       |   26121 Oldenburg/Germany, Escherweg 2