Re: XWin.exe segmentation fault on Windows 7

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Chris LeBlanc <crleblanc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> As Jon's reference [1] explains, merely disabling the BLODA might not be
>> sufficient.  You may have to completely uninstall it to be rid of its effects.
>>
>> *Especially* if it has processes that re-launch themselves on kill; I mean, how
>> can you know whether you've ruled this particular BLODA out as an explanation
>> for the issue unless you've completely uninstalled it?
>> HTH,

In an effort to track down this bug, we tried completely uninstalling
the virus scanner.  XWin.exe is still failing in the same way (even
after another reinstall and rebase).

I compiled xorg with debugging from the source packages, and that
shows the same behaviour.  I can step through the debugger, but the
output is the same as what Jon found in the previous email, failing on
the call to strcpy().  I've logged the gdb output to a file and can
attach it if anyone is interested.

This machine has previously had the NoMachine client installed on it.
I noticed that it used it's own copy of cygwin1.dll, so I uninstalled
this program.  Is there any chance that this is still causing a
problem, even though it's been uninstalled?

Cheers,
Chris