Re: unable to maximize gtk window

On 11/09/2013 19:05, Simon wrote:

>>> Thanks, that appears to fix the testcase, but terminator still has the same
>>> problems, I'll try to find out what is happening there.
>> 'terminator -m' works correctly for me with that snapshot.
>>
> It does for me too, but if I start terminator with no command line arguments
> (directly after I start x server), then maximize the window using the windows
> button, or by double clicking the title bar, I get a window that's not fully
> maximized.

This works for me, but this sounds like a different problem to the one you
first reported.

There is a difference between a window asking to maximize itself (via the
appearance hint that gtk_window_maximize() sets), and using the window manager
to maximize using the frame controls (title bar double click or maximize button)

I'm not sure what you mean by 'not fully maximized', this seems different to
'not maximized'

Perhaps the window may not get fully maximized as it's frame dimensions are
(should be?) constrained to ensure that they are an integer multiple of the
character cell size?

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer