Re: Xwin 1.14.2 (64 bit) extreme memory page faulting

On 03/10/2013 11:44 AM, Erik Soderquist wrote:
Installed a fresh VM with a Windows XP 64 bit ISO, sp2 already applied. VM has 512 MB ram, and the only package I installed after the OS was cygwin. Issue presents in this environment as soon as Firefox connects/starts. Page Faults Delta over 5,000 minimum anytime I'm doing anything in Firefox, including typing this message, usually over 10,000.
I just fired up a 64-bit Ubuntu VM I had laying around, installed firefox, and tunneled it to cygwin64/X on my win7-64 machine. X isn't even visible in the task manager when I sort descending by PF delta, CPU, or memory. This in spite of having half a dozen tabs with content (including ads, an html5 game, and a youtube video playing).

Opening a couple dozen more empty tabs brought PFdelta up to the ~7k range, but the rate dropped back to ~0 as soon as the dust settled. Typing remains fully responsive, and I'm officially out of ideas.

Ryan