Re: Problem with xman-1.1.3-1

On 18/02/2014 07:56, Doran Kangwai wrote:
> When I use xman 1.1.3-1 to view man pages it renders the pages as
> postscript. It seems to omit the step to process the PS.

Close, but not quite right.  groff is not being given the -T option to set the
output format, so it's producing the default, ps

> So I see stuff like this
> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
> %%Creator: groff version 1.22.2
>
> Using man to display the page works fine.
>
> When I use xman 1.1.2-1 the man page is also rendered correctly.
Thanks for reporting this problem, and the clear reproduction steps.

I can reproduce the problem, and bisecting points to this commit [1], which
changes the formatting command used by xman.

Yaakov,

Attached is trivial patch to fix.  If it looks good to you can you apply and
rebuild xman?

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xman/commit/?id=d25a3b87ce9fdf950b42f45b644242d72e7167b3