Re: Automatic X server startup

I know this thread is a bit old now but I just wanted to mention my solution. I've added X to start in a separate "screen" in my .bash_profile. That way every time I log into Cygwin, X is always available.

It's kind of like the previous suggestion of adding it to Windows startup, but I have it more closely coupled to Cygwin.

Matt D.