Re: xinit hangs on XWin infinite loop when using -displayfd

Ok.. so I let xinit do its thing to see if it got anywhere. Eventually it will pop and error box. Interestingly, I specified a displayfd value of "3" and yet both the popup and the log are reporting "5":

http://oi58.tinypic.com/106fono.jpg

My XWin.0.log is about 15MB of repeated attempts to open a socket. Here is a snippet. I hope this helps:

InitConnectionLimits: MaxClients = 255
Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 1.15.1.0
OS: CYGWIN_NT-5.1 matthew-17ffb52 1.7.30(0.272/5/3) 2014-05-23 10:36 i686
OS: Windows XP Service Pack 3 [Windows NT 5.1 build 2600] (Win32)
Snapshot: 20140709-git-2e9c13ea41c51df7

XWin was started with the following command line:

X -displayfd 5

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeScreenDefaults - primary monitor w 1062 h 703
winInitializeScreenDefaults - native DPI x 96 y 96
ddxProcessArgument - arg: -displayfd
Trying to create socket for display number 0
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/matthew-17ffb52:0
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6

..

Trying to create socket for display number 59534
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/matthew-17ffb52:59534
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
(EE) Fatal server error:
(EE) Failed to find a socket to listen on(EE)
[ 58128.390] (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.

Matt D.