Re: startxwin.exe no longer exists?

On 12/12/2014 7:07 PM, Will Parsons wrote:
For several years now I have been starting X windows by clicking on an
icon on my desktop that is a link to C:\cygwin\bin\startxwin.exe.  It
has recently ceased to work because apparently startxwin.exe no longer
exists.  Somehow I missed where this was removed, so what is the
recommended way of starting X from a desktop icon now?

I seem to recall that startxwin.exe was introduced some time ago
because using a script to start X was inadequate somehow, but I don't
remember the details, so what changed?

https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2014-11/msg00004.html