Re: run.exe will not work with upgrade from 1.14.4 to 1.16.3

On 01/02/2015 03:35 PM, schilpfamily wrote:
rolling back to 1.3.2-1 fixed it. thank you very much for this, i was
really pulling my hair out on this. i read your request to the
maintainers and fully agree. while i  only brought up this one bug,
since it was basically making cygwin/x useless, there were other
issues that made it annoying.

Certainly it is good feedback to know that the issue you were seeing
is related to the new version of xinit.  I would encourage you and others
that see issues with the latest release to report the problems (as you
have) and to try the solutions offered in the cygwin-xfree mailing list
discussions from the last couple of months.  If there are technical
issues with those solutions, they need to be reported as well.  Obviously,
the key thing here is to figure out how to make this transition smoother,
so the more useful feedback there is, the better.  Downgrading may be a
practical short-term solution to the problems you're having at the moment
and that's fine. But the functionality in the latest release of the xinit corrects some long-standing Cygwin incompatibilities with startx, so there's
no benefit to turning back as a strategy.

--
Larry