dos file names (what should I do)

Not sure where my problem lies. Having successfully compiled perl5 and
happily watching as many of my scripts port with no effort at all, I do
get this one problem with support for dos file name args passed to
scripts.

running in dos prompt

D:> perl myscript.pl -f c:\dos\file1.txt -o d:\dos\file2.txt

of course this does not work but neither does using things like
//d/dos/file2.txt(which may be perls problem).

I should probably know this but does cygwin deal with both native dos
paths interchangeable w/ the unix ones (any hope there).

what are others doing?

Thanks in advance.

-GSM

--
 G. S. Marzot <gmarzot@baynetworks.com>   Network Management Development
 Bay Networks Inc.                        (508)670-8888 x63990

-