Re: dos file names (what should I do)

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997 10:38:42 -0800, Wayne Davison <wayne@clari.net> wrote:
>Note that if you want the mount points to show up in a directory listing,
>you should do a "mkdir /d" before you do the mount.  However, this isn't
>required.

I haven't tried this with the patch (SLASH_P) that someone posted, but
creating an empty directory before mounting doesn't exactly work right
for me. For example,
  % cd /
  % mkdir /testdir
  % mount -b d:/testdir /testdir
  % ls /testdir				# works correctly
  file1 file2
  % ls testdir				# doesn't work
  /usr/bin/ls: testdir/file1: No such file or directory
  /usr/bin/ls: testdir/file2: No such file or directory

It would be nice if this would work, either by requiring a mount point
be created and handling it correctly (less preferred) or by faking
directory entries for mount points (better).

--
James Dumser    972-462-5335 dumser@ti.com