Re: probs porting ssh

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, aspa wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Sheik wrote:
> >   What I was going to do, was cheat, and make a timeout for the select(),
> > and just simply check stdin each time select() times out, (I have NO idea
> > if this is good or bad, or will cause cpu usage to go sky high, I just
> > wanted to see if it worked) it *does* timeout, and goes into a check against
> > stdin by read()'ing the fd.
> timeouts don't solve this problem.

here's what i did for rstp:
select on the console filehandle with a timeout of zero. Then select on
the sockets with the standard timeout. This is ok on rstp because the
sockets are what's really important, so if the console i/o has to wait a
bit that is ok. I don't know if this approach will work for you.

ron
-